Tuesday, November 9, 2010

OH!!!!
and I should mention...

I carved a pumpkin with my students for Halloween and they were all totally mind blown by this act!
They were like...what is that thing?!?!
And you're going to carve into it, what?!

They were fascinated, and some disgusted, by the inards of the pumpkin! It was great.

I had a contest for the face. Two days before I carved it, I had them design a face (that wasn't too complicated because I am not that awesome at carving) and also a name to go with it, that was appropriate of course!

Then, instead of picking one winner, I combined many aspects of all the contestants into one face. However, I did pick two people's names and combined them into one. I will put photos up of this soon!
The pumpkin's name ended up being Sir Pumpkula. Thanks to Jess--Pumpkula, and Lewis with Sir Scares Alot (kind of like Sir Cuts Alot, huh dad?!)

I also had the opportunity to go into the Beautiful Swan Valley on a Bread, cheese, and wine tour. What a beautiful day I had and great tasting wine and food. I took photos as well and they are coming soon.

Ok I THINK that's it...but ya never know! You have a lot of reading to do now...

off you go!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, it wasn't posted on the home page. I had to find it under November. WEIRD! Sorry about that! Can't wait to see the pumpkin pictures!

    ReplyDelete